On Feb 24, 2012, at 4:07 AM, Jeremy Ruston wrote:

> - Selling TiddlyWiki commemorative mugs and T-shirts, with special
> limited editions, mugs signed by Eric and so on

This will be a *very* hard way to raise funds. Other ways suggested are more
realistic. I would be willing to be a paying associate. Which I take it would
not be required, but might come with some minor privileges that nonpaying users
might want to have.

One option not mentioned, that, at least here in the US is by far and away the
most lucrative way for nonprofits to support themselves, is to ask for
gifts--not investments--from people of means who [a] believe in what you're
doing or could be persuaded that what you're doing is worthwhile, and, most
important, [c] who could become an active part of your community in some way.
[Three quarters of all nongovernmental funding for nonprofits in the US comes
through what is known as individual donor fundraising--asking for gifts,
especially from people who meet the above conditions. Though it's the first
thing people think of, foundation grants pale in comparison.]

Eric Weir
Decatur, GA  USA
eew...@bellsouth.net

"Hatred destroys. Love heals."