Hi Alberto,

> For people like me, with structured tw, tags are easy to use and good to
> see in view mode, but meaningless. They just mean : there is some kind of
> relation between this and that, but I don't know what kind of relation it
> is.

Obviously, the kind of popup solution you propose would be great, even if I
> don't understand all the details of your proposition.

When I have made a demo, I'll ping back here.

> What I try to do with the MagicTabs plugin...

I think it's all coming together nicely and, perhaps after taking the time
and giving the above issue another read, you will find that what you're
doing is precisely that! Now, imagine TiddlyMap being able to simply hook
into your MagicTabs relatiohships and display them in a Graph. That's only
possible thanks to the kind of semantic relationship pattern I was
discussing in that issue and you're already implementing, even configurably
so.

Thus, any kind of mechanism to create meaningful but tags-like fields is
> more than welcome.

Have a look at...

http://cornell.tiddlyspot.com

Especially...

http://cornell.tiddlyspot.com/#Topic

A few days ago I realized that what I want to get to is pretty much the
same pattern you use, only just not as bottom tabs but as semantic lists in
a kind of note-list to the left hand side of each note ...with buttons
defined via relationship patterns defined by the user that allow to create
related tiddlers to a note, e.g. an idea, a question, a reference, a
comment, a what-not.

Best wishes, Tobias.