Re: StackOverflow..

I don't know if Tobias originally meant this with "dedicated" (though
guessing yes), but it's possible to create a whole new StackOverflow-style
Q&A site under the stackexchange.com domain: something like
http://tiddlywiki.stackexchange.com/, if we go through a multi-phase
proposal and acceptance process.

Proposal example: http://area51.stackexchange.com/proposals/86758/django-cms
Q&A site example: http://drupal.stackexchange.com/

Benefits over stackoverflow.com:
- We can build up a tagging taxonomy within the context of TiddlyWiki
- We can welcome non-coding questions as well as coding questions

Benefits of a StackOverflow-style Q&A site in general:
- The most useful answer is shown at the top, which isn't the case with
Google Groups; past Q&As can serve as a useful resource for future visitors
- Comes with moderation tooling like closing as off-topic, voting to
indicate usefulness of questions and answers, and ability to mark an answer
as "correct" / "helpful"
- Tags can each have an associated documentation page (not to say it should
be the home of documentation of all things TiddlyWiki)
- Comes with real-time chat rooms

I believe this won't be a good place for announcements of new plugins and
such; Reddit or Google Groups seem more suitable as a place for content
bound to a specific time.

In any case, if there's interest, we can make it happen. The process
involves defining the scope of the site (this seems straightforward), and
having at least two hundred people sign up and say "I commit to be active
in this site" (there's a bit more to the acceptance criteria though).

(Personal context: I've been using TiddlyWiki5 as my personal notebook for
a while now, and I've been active on some of the StackExchange network
sites)

Cheers,
Marica

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/430b3e29-53f6-436f-9a2b-17536dc8fbe7%40googlegroups.com.