Hi Josiah,

> Its worth noting a MAJOR theme is the discussion was we are losing
> valuable documentation all the time by not having an organised way to look
> at past threads. TAGs might help, at least as an interim.

Please keep in mind that discussing a subject matter and responding with
answers to highly specific requests is not at all the same as
"documentation". From what I see, reddit does not provide a knowledge base,
whereas TiddlyWiki.com very well has a splash of that.

I think it is crucial for documentation to be curated, not just accrued.
You can argue that there's a learning curve to both contributing as well as
a latency to updates to tiddlywiki.com, but I would argue the quality and
consistency that brings are very much of need. A more or less lose
community built around another platform will quickly evolve into something
that may or may not actually be so much about TiddlyWiki.

You see, Google groups does one thing and it does that good: provide a
platform for timely discussion. That is its purpose and it fulfills it. To
me, extracting documentation for presentation and consumption elsewhere is
an entirely different, ideally curated process.

Best wishes,

Tobias.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/55b81bc6-8d37-4a79-a3fe-d65372fc4039%40googlegroups.com.