Hi Josiah,

You brought up TWEderation as an example for let's say "more scattered"
information than you'd like that somehow doesn't organize nearly as good as
you wish and where you believe reddit could provide a better environment to
more efficiently bring the lose pieces together.

The first point I would make is that TWEderation is a community effort (one
which I have hardly been involved in due to a new job I've been working for
the better part of this year now, sry about that, Jed & Mat). However, much
more so than for the TiddlyWiki core, if you have something emerge out of a
community effort, of course you'll be looking at a highly organic project
with goals and ideas being addressed and discussed and tested that perhaps
feel a bit like moving goalposts and so you may find it difficult to get to
the bottom of it or whatever you try to do with it or find out.

However, I would not project this kind of project-/-plugin-motivated effort
onto the TiddlyWiki project as the underlying foundation, even though the
core may as well present a wide range of topics that beg addressing and
leave you on a quest to figuring out the right entry point to get things
moving or just be able to simply "use" something, you know, do as others
did.

Although perhaps cumbersome, the process to contribute to improving the
core documentation is quite established, from my point of view... while
sure leaving room for improvement here and there.

Sure, bringing community documentation together and wrapping all that up in
a more unified searchable tagable folksonomy is an entirely different
thing. So, perhaps, with all the efforts on (that) reddit, perhaps the best
focus for it would be to establishing a kind of "knowledge-base" that does
not itself hold the information you're looking for, but only abstracts for
it, but mostly providing an environment for gathering pointers... to all
the bits of information out there that may help you answer a question or
achieve a goal... while leaving lengthy, at times philosophical ponderings
as well as "please help me" requests in the groups and efforts for a solid
core documentation to the more github oriented workflow.

So, from a practical point of view, maybe we should discuss separation of
concerns rather than try to figure out the best environment for everything.

*Google Groups*: whatever you want to discuss (in context)
*TiddlyWiki on GitHub*: if you wish to improve the core (docs)
*Reddit*: if you wish to tie otherwise lose ends together in terms of bits
of information pointing elsewhere

maybe even a dedicated...

*StackOverflow:* for figuring things out regarding the core, plugins,
themes from a developer / designer point of view

...something along these lines.

Best wishes,

Tobias.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/7e847ec7-7d52-44a1-ab1d-2ac6e7d3f102%40googlegroups.com.