Hi @Brady77,

Thinking about this topic from the beginning, I understood you identified
an important wished-for feature for me as well. In the simplest, I see it
as what I do in my gmail: limit my search to just emails I sent to someone
and conduct search among those (e.g.: "in:sent booking"). In TiddlyWiki,
that means combining tags and search or even filters and search. That'd be
great.

As for the broader question of data organization, initiated by TonyM's
example with various categories and to which I added I was thinking of
using sort of workaround for subtags, in the end I decided to keep things
simple. I want to stay as close to the core functionality as possible and
be able to use the system for years so I am wary of plugins. And I also
found some visual hierarchy only among tags to be messy or inelegant at
least. So instead of using a lot tags and subtags, say for a tiddler
related to dog training, I droped the idea of using tag "dog::training"
where double dot would indicate subtag. I just use "dog" and "training".
This keeps the amount of tags much more limited. It also makes little more
complicated to show all tiddlers related to a given (sub)topic, like dog
training. But I am still exploring TW and now found out that I can use
lists to supply this need nicely. I just create a headling "Training"
inside the tag-tiddler "Dog" and list all tiddlers with both "dog" and
"training" tags using a filter. Of course I don't create these lists for
all or for most tags as that would be too laborious but that is OK for me:
I can do it where I have the need and don't bother with the rest - as the
links among tiddlers and search are the main elements of my data
organization/retrieval and tags are secondary. Which brings me back to the
begining - to be able to combine search and tags would give the retrieval
process additional boost.

And as for my name, good guess, it's Czech, Google now tells me we are
countrymen. TW is basically unknown here, I have some ideas about starting
to change that, will keep you posted.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/80d038c5-9702-44fa-85e1-c15426df8ced%40googlegroups.com.