Mario,

Some responces;

> That will be a ToDo, since we will need to improve the TW doc quite a bit,
> so we can link to it. The existing docs
> <https://tiddlywiki.com/#Paragraphs%20in%20WikiText:%5B%5BParagraphs%20in%20WikiText%5D%5D%20%5B%5BStyles%20and%20Classes%20in%20WikiText%5D%5D>
>
> for specific styling imo needs some love

So true

>>    - Will there be some smart defaults for each special Characters out
>>    of the box, so unless they are inadequate they serve a purpose right away?
>>       - angel is already somewhat defined
>>
>> Yea, I thought, that angel is the only one, that has active toolbar
> buttons, if you install the plugin. So it can be used "out of the box".
> Mainly to modify paragraph styling.
>

> All the other toolbar buttons can be enabled using the ControlPanel and
> the Plugin Settings / Plugin Readme page.

Yes, but apart from naming the two that respond to \n\n would it make sense
to give some default customisations for the additional characters so the
work out of the box, many users may then simply select from an existing
character, perhaps add a class we provide and that is the end of the story
for them. No need to revert to customisations. This may allow instructions
to be shared without having to present bespoke customisations except for
those keen to extend the power;

Example (just a brainstorm) may be inaccurate as I learn still to memorise
the existing, its just the concept. I am still to learn how some simple
defaults will lend them self to each character. But publishing firs as just
a larger set of symbols and no defaults my b fine with a view to giving
them some defaults as we lean more about the scope and opportunities.

   -  ° degree use for emphasis
   -  ´ to introduce styles
   -  › dividers lines/headings
   -  _ specials including html
   -  » Formatting blocks
   -  ≈ indicating state

>>    - But the "special" chars do nothing visual "out of the box" other
>>       than covering 1 line of text into a "div" with no styling. Similar to
>> »
>>
>>  And this is what I question, perhaps we do craft some default
behaviours, because many users may be happy with the "Out of the box" only.

>>    - Perhaps for shortcuts you could suggest in the doco the user may
>>    select alternatives that map to a similar character on their keyboard
>>    layout eg alt-' for tick alt-. for its shift > value for angle etc...
>>
>> I think editor keyboard shortcuts need a button, per shortcut. ... Is
> there some info at tiddlywiki.com how to create buttons and shortcuts. ..
> I'm not keen to create it.

Me neither, was doing it recently for myself, I have to return to that, but
It was becoming a night mare. However I need to so perhaps this is my Job
then.

But - all I am saying is to* add to the documentation* that users can go to
the definitions at Control Panel > Keyboard Shortcuts and select
alternatives that map to a similar character on their keyboard layout eg
alt-' for tick alt-. for its shift > value for angle etc.. (no more or less)

*Wiki text integrations*
>> By the way, this is so cool, and possibly replaces the need for custom
>> macros in many cases. meaning once you know how to use is not need to write
>> the macro solution when you can use a custom wikitext marker
>>
>>    - This area will take sometime to explore; here is a quick test of
>>    mine, how would we go about forcing a line feed or using a template?
>>
>> \customize tick="listtagging" _element="$list"  filter=
>> "[tag<currentTiddler>]"
>> ´listtagging
>>
>> \customize tick="listtagging" _element="$list"  filter=
>> "[tag<currentTiddler>]" template="$:/core/ui/ListItemTemplate2"
>> ´listtagging
>> This works with a break after the link widget in the template
>>
>> \customize tick="listprefixed" _element="$list"  filter=
>> "[all[]prefix<currentTiddler>]" template="$:/core/ui/ListItemTemplate2"
>> ´listprefixed
>>

> Yea, that's really cool. .. I want to have the copy-to-clipboard widget,
> that can be customized. ... the existing solution is a TW docs-macro. ..
> And we can't call macros. .. So I'll create a new widget. .. Not sure, if
> Jeremy will merge it.

There is the "WidgetMessage: tm-copy-to-clipboard", but it is only an
action widget. Would it be more productive to feed the message (or action
tiddler title) into a button?
*I will experiment on that.*

>> Questions
>>
>>    - Do you want a continued search for appropriate uni-code characters
>>    or are you happy with the available ones?
>>
>> I would be happy to get new ones. .. At the moment I'm happy with the
> existing situation. We have 4 + 2. 4 that stop at \n and 2 that use \n\n

OK

> We will see, how the community reacts. It's basically a "keyboard layout"
> problem. I think only 1 character has to work, to use the full potential.

I agree, but the value of more than one, Is why I proposed some different
default behaviours.

>>    - As in the examples above *Wiki text integrations* how do I make
>>    these useful options global?
>>       - I am confident I will want to push examples like ´listprefixed into
>>       view templates and macros so I must test these. Do you foresee any
>> problems?
>>
>> At the moment I personally would _not_ use this in TW ViewTemplate or
> tiddlers tagged with $:/tags/ViewTemplate .. it's too dangerous to "brick"
> the system.

I accept you guidance,  but if I thought of this others will, so we should
suggest the best practice for reusing custom wiktext definitions such as
import only.

Great work, thanks for your diligence.