Ciao Tony & PMario

TonyM wrote:

> I had not tested Android, although a big user.

I think Android matters. Though personally I never use it for heavy edit,
its clear that lots of people do.

It DOES raise an interesting issue of relevance to PMario too.

I think it got clear through the 4 threads in this discussion that
UNIVERSAL support for ...

-- Default Keyboards is likely IMPOSSIBLE

-- Direct insertion via Keyboard ShortsCuts, and The Stamp Tool, is NOT TOO
DIFFICULT

-- Unicode FONT SUPPORT requires research into CROSS-PLATFORM conditions.

For the DEFAULT plugin markup IDs it is BEST to have UNIVERSAL FONT
SUPPORT.
Otherwise we will create a huge "support problem".

Therefore: in examining Candidate Glyphs the single most important issue is
good FONT support.

I'm stating the obvious. But answering it is not trivial.

Best wishes
TT