Hi

On Thu, 4 Feb 1999, Rick Adams wrote:
> Jim wrote:
> > Rick is that a Canadian Federal statute, or did Canada get
> > annexed by the USA when Stephen and I weren't looking?
>
>       Sorry, Jim. The original thread was on SS numbers (a US system), and I
> didn't realize Stephen was in Canada--no "eh?" at the end of his
> sentences! :)

As I said to Rick separately, no need for an apology.  I was just
having a little fun.  But Stephen and I do find it a little
strange how regulated such things are.  Probably a hint of things
to come in Canada (or perhaps they are already here but we just
don't hear about it so much).  On the topic, however, I do
remember an older study that posting grades with names produced
better performance than posting them anonymously, presumably
using some kind of code.  So it is rather ironic that legislation
precludes teachers from doing something that would actually help
the students to get better grades.

Best wishes
Jim

James M. Clark                          (204) 786-9313
Department of Psychology                (204) 774-4134 Fax
University of Winnipeg                  4L02A
Winnipeg, Manitoba  R3B 2E9             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
CANADA                                  http://www.uwinnipeg.ca/~clark