The funny thing is, although most of the reports of this study done by a
doctoral student and presented at a conference said that men were more affected
than women (based on these non-significant results), this failure to reject the
null hypothesis is cited in at least one source as providing positive evidence
that there are no differences between males and females on these issues. I can
imagine someone writing an article to share this technique called, "The
Advantage of Low Power Studies in Confirming Equality between Groups".
Actually, the whole study with the online survey methodology, the small sample
size and the questionable interpretation reminds me of studies done by my
Research Methods undergrad students but at least they would have calculated the
chi square results and not made anything out of a non-significant result.

Rick

Dr. Rick Froman, Chair
Division of Humanities and Social Sciences
Professor of Psychology
Box 3519
John Brown University
2000 W. University Siloam Springs, AR  72761
rfro...@jbu.edu
(479) 524-7295
http://bit.ly/DrFroman