Once upon a time Glen Farney shaped the electrons to say...
> If you have a Seriese 3, just get cable cards, they should do the
> same job I think.? I have them and seem to work just fine, but I

I think that was a typo - from her original email it looks like she
has S2 boxes.  You can't use DTAs with the S3/HD - but you don't need
to anyway, that's what CableCARD is for.  DTA's allow *analog* tuner
devices to access digital channels.  The S3/HD have digital tuners,
and so don't need one.

> don't do anything like PPV or VOD, just watch analog and digital

The TiVo S3/HD can't access PPV/VOD at all.  Maybe some day, but
that's really where tru2way comes into play, and that's what the
rumored Series4 supposedly brings.

> channels.? In my case with Charter, the first card was free, and the
> second card (they don't have?the multi-stream cards) is only
> $1.50/mo more, and the icing on the cake was that digital cable?was

You're better off than I am - in my area Charter is $2/card/month,
first one isn't free.  Still a lot cheaper than cable box rental.

-MZ
-- 
megazone-at-megazone.org  http://www.MegaZone.org/   Gweep, Geek, Human, me.
http://www.GizmoLovers.com/ http://www.Eyrie-Productions.com/ -><- Hail Eris
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men" 508-852-2171

Reply via email to