Once upon a time Ken Gunther shaped the electrons to say...
> Point so I created a non encrypted wireless network with firewall rules 
> that did not let it access my internal network. After I forced a few 
> downloads I got a message that I couldn't force a connection until a 
> software update at 2AM completed. When that happened I did a system 
> restart which forced the software update. It is now running version 9.3 
> which did allow me to configure WPA and WPA2.

For future reference, when you get that kind of message you can
restart the TiVo manually to install the update instead of waiting for
the automatic reboot at 2AM.

> I've been trying to get both tuners to work but it looks like Verizon's 
> FIOS requires a STB so I can only use one of the tuners. I'll keep 
> playing and see what I can do.

Yeah, my understanding is that FiOS has gone all digital and dropped
the analog tier they started out with.  That means they only work with
their STB or a digital tuner with CableCARD (like the TiVo HD).  With
the Series2 or Series2DT the internal tuner is analog only and
therefore of no use.  You need a FiOS STB connected to the A/V input
controlled via IR blasters, which gives you one channel at a time.

-MZ
-- 
megazone-at-megazone.org  http://www.MegaZone.org/   Gweep, Geek, Human, me.
http://www.GizmoLovers.com/ http://www.Eyrie-Productions.com/ -><- Hail Eris
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men" 508-852-2171

Reply via email to