The lifetime service option was there in the early days, then it went away 
for a while.  When I bought my S1, the box was $400 and the lifetime service 
was $200.  It seems that's reversed now, but you're still in for $600 no 
matter how you look at it.

I've been tempted to get a second unit and get lifetime on that one as well, 
but I seldom watch TV in any other rooms, so other than the novelty of the 
connection, it wouldn't be a very good way to spend the money.  Better spent 
on a monster hard drive for the unit.

Glen

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Lori" <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Friday, October 09, 2009 12:24 PM
Subject: [TiVo Central] Re: MSD


> Geez.
> They made me feel like I got a special deal at $299 for the 2nd
> lifetime subscription.
>
> Thanks for the explanation.
>
> Lori 

Reply via email to