I agree, it works perfectly well as a digital input to analog equipment 
solution.  I have still never had a cable box in the last 30 years, just tivo 
or straight analog.

I'd upgrade to a nice LCD widescreen, but then I'd need a new entertainment 
center.  Then the surround sound is only DTS, I'd have to have 5.1 or 
better, and then the speakers.... next thing you'd know I'd have to replace my 
turn table and stop playing albumns.  Yes, vinyl, it happens, not often, but it 
happens.  

The computer gets the tech upgrades, currently sporting a 23" widescreen with a 
2048 x 1052 resolution.  
 Glen 



----- Original Message ----
> From: Bill Kearney <[email protected]>
> To: [email protected]
> Sent: Wednesday, September 30, 2009 10:47:16 AM
> Subject: Re: [TiVo Central] Re: Comcast DTA's
> 
> > Using the S2 with FiOS isn't a great experience, you'd really want an
> > S3/HD with CableCARD for FiOS.
> 
> I'll second this.  I had an S2 setup to control the Verizon box.  Yes, I 
> could use the box to manually select and watch VOD selection.  But I never 
> used the feature.  That and the S2 and box would get confused often enough 
> to make the setup unreliable.
> 
> Folks may not realize that an S3 box WILL WORK with a non-HD television.  It 
> will even down-convert HD stations so you can watch them on a regular TV. 
> Works quite well.  Especially as some channels are moving up to HD-only. 
> Bearing in mind that the picture quality, while very good, is only going to 
> as good as what that TV provides.
> 
> -Bill Kearney 
> 
> 
> 
> ------------------------------------
> 
> Yahoo! Groups Links
> 
> 
> 

Reply via email to