I have one TivoHD on a non-HD set and it works just fine.  The only real
issue I have is that that TV is 4:3 and most of the HD channels assume you
are running 16:9 but that is not a TiVo issue.
--
Brian Hartsfield  CCNA, CCDA
AIM: kd4aej                                     Twitter: Krandor1
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/brian.hartsfield
Linkedin: http://www.linkedin.com/in/brianhartsfield




On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 10:47 AM, Bill Kearney <[email protected]> wrote:

> > Using the S2 with FiOS isn't a great experience, you'd really want an
> > S3/HD with CableCARD for FiOS.
>
> I'll second this.  I had an S2 setup to control the Verizon box.  Yes, I
> could use the box to manually select and watch VOD selection.  But I never
> used the feature.  That and the S2 and box would get confused often enough
> to make the setup unreliable.
>
> Folks may not realize that an S3 box WILL WORK with a non-HD television.
>  It
> will even down-convert HD stations so you can watch them on a regular TV.
> Works quite well.  Especially as some channels are moving up to HD-only.
> Bearing in mind that the picture quality, while very good, is only going to
> as good as what that TV provides.
>
> -Bill Kearney
>
>
>
> ------------------------------------
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>
>
>
>


[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Reply via email to