Once upon a time Lori shaped the electrons to say...
> I have Series 2 TIVO with a lifetime subscription.
> With the storm yesterday the power went out for about an hour.
> I few hours later I turned on the TV and it said that TIVO encountered  
> a terrible problem.
> If it isn't fixed in 3 hours call TIVO.

Ouch - drive has failed or become corrupted.

> Naturally, All I have ever been told by TIVO is to send in my unit.
> Well this time it's $348 which I don't think I am willing to pay.

I wouldn't pay that, might as well upgrade to a TiVo HD and get
lifetime on it, it isn't that much more.

> Any ideas what I can try by myself to make it work?

Almost definitely a new drive situation - you can get a drop-in from
DVRupgrade.com or WeaKnees.com, or get Instant Cake from DVRupgrade
and provide your own drive.

-MZ
-- 
megazone-at-megazone.org  http://www.MegaZone.org/   Gweep, Geek, Human, me.
http://www.GizmoLovers.com/ http://www.Eyrie-Productions.com/ -><- Hail Eris
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men" 508-852-2171

Reply via email to