Clearing the cache is generally a good thing, never had it give me problems 
in doing so.  The server takes inventory and re-writes the cache files 
pretty quick anyway, you're just getting rid of old crap.

Glen

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "sej357" <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Thursday, October 15, 2009 8:54 PM
Subject: Re: [TiVo Central] Tivo HD XL Dying?


> Thanks to all for the responses. I saw Glen's response first and tried the 
> restart. It worked for about 10 hours and then quit again last night. I 
> restarted before I went to bed and it resumed and has been "cooking" 
> since. I don't want to mess with a working solution to try the cache 
> thing, but I will try that if\when it stops again. I think the cooling is 
> OK, but I'll check it out Thanks MZ.
>
> Jay did you restore when you disconnected.  I had the WD on my original S3 
> and got the dreaded serious error screen. I dumped the WD and lost 
> recordings, but not season pass data as I remember. I'll probably try just 
> disconnecting the WD first and then restore if still have a problem.
>
> I wonder if it may be a line voltage drop. I have noticed a few times 
> turning on my large plasma to find one or both tuners frozen. When I look 
> at the length of the partials they sometimes appear to have happen at the 
> time I turned on the TV. More often though the freezes are occuring either 
> while the TV is off or while I'm watching a recording.
>
> I shut up now. Thanks again. Any more feedback is appreciated. I post 
> progress or failures
>
> Sid 

Reply via email to