Ann,
My hubby has had TM for 5 months now and has had so much pain but thanks to medication I can see he is progressing and his sensory is returning.  He has no motor yet (paralyzed from T12) but the paralysis has moved down about six inches.  My question to you is- has your motor returned?  I am still new to all this and am still trying to deal with if this is permenant or temporary.  I will not give up hope as you said.  Thanks for your encouraging words.  Katrina
----- Original Message -----
From: Ann Moran
Sent: Wednesday, August 04, 2004 11:47 AM
Subject: Re: [TMIC] pain

Hi Teresa
I have TM for 14 yrs now and have gone through this pain all the time.  terrible sensitivity, as you say skin hurts, I could not brush crumbs from my lap, it ws so sore itching.  I was also paralysed from the waist.  L2 was my leisson

BUT I can say tho' that it has eased over the years, as my feelings have returned from the waist down, I have normal feelings, such as if I pinch myself either at the waist, buttock, thigh, knee and below to the ankle area I can feel this as normal, before TM.
From ankle area to toes, ball of foot it is very sensative and some pain, at this present time, but this area is also getting better.

All of this shows that the pain  will slowly go away, but over time, for me a long time !!!  And it is deffinitly TM related. It also shows that healing does continue to work over the years, so to any newbe TMer, NEVER GIVE UP

Hope this helps , its a long process and no fun this TM.  There will also be others on the list with similar experiences, who will I am sure write you

Ann, in a lovely sunny day in  Ireland !!!!!!

Our second day since May !!!!!!!! we've had plenty grey days  -- not good for the morral.  and plenty rain too!!!