I've had tm for a year and a half and I'm just starting to get the pain! I've been numb and tingling from the waist down, until about a month ago.
I agree, you need a new neuro - one that's willing to research and learn about this disease!
Deb.

--- On Wed 08/04, Sandra Brassil < [EMAIL PROTECTED] > wrote:

From: Sandra Brassil [mailto: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2004 08:32:58 -0400
Subject: Re: [TMIC] pain

Who in the hell does this neuro think he his???????? No pain?? I wish! I am at my fifth year anniversary this month with TM and still have severe nerve pain. Currently, I just use ultram so at least I can function. I've tried neurontin, amitryptyline, and many many countless others. The only thing that works for me is rest, exercise and the ultram just cuts the edge off. I have to say, my pain is not as bad as it was the first two years, but I would still consider mine moderately severe.
- Sandy Brassil