In a message dated 5/6/2007 9:43:23 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

Yes, I  believe the pain is slowly getting worse. I believe the increase is
due to the  original affliction, much as a small patch of rust will spread
slowly but  surely.

Of course I do not have the advantage of his  higher education and multiple
degrees, but I must agree with Frank about TM  spreading "slowly but surely."

I can feel my spasms, pain and symptoms in  general, getting worse as time
travels onward and upward...same as the  symptoms.

My new Internist is sending me back to the  Neurologist and for more tests
towards an answer of dx.

How many years has TM had a dx of its own?   I know that it has to have been
around forever, but for how long has it been  known as a disease?  From what I
gather, not long at all.   Right?

 Allodynia, is the terminology for our  displaced feelings of temperature?
Mine is worse right before it is time  to replace my pain patches.  I have
always thought mine had more to do with  the tapering off of the drugs than
anything.  But, I hear more and more  people mentioning it as an accompanyment
TM.  I suppose either case  might be true.

Any thoughts?
Jude