  From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  Cc: tmic-list@eskimo.com
  Sent: Monday, May 07, 2007 5:14 AM
  Subject: Re: [TMIC] Re: pain

  Heather, I haven't had the particular type of pain mentioned (allodynia,
where something not usually painful, like clothes, causes pain). I have had
sensitivity in certain spots (middle of my back, top of my head, and my knees),
but it is more a "I am going to jump out of my skin if you touch there"
feeling, almost like jarring your "funny" bone.

  I originally had a lot of pain in my upper left arm, like a too-tight blood
pressure cuff. That went off and on for a long time, but I haven't felt it in a
long time.

  The pain I deal with now is muscle spasms right in the middle of my back.
That has been getting increasingly worse. I used to wear a pain patch like the
Icy Hot or Absorbine Jr, kinds every once in a while -- now it is every day,
plus some days taking ibuprofen as well. I keep thinking I probably ought to go
have it checked out, but as long as these measures keep it manageable, I keep
plugging along.

  I also had a lot of that burning/freezing pain in my left hand and arm at
first, but that has lessened. I don't feel it often now.

  So, in answer to your question, one type of pain has increased, but others
have lessened. I am 11 years into my TM adventure.

  Barbara H.
  http://barbarah.wordpress.com/

  In a message dated 5/7/2007 1:26:03 AM Eastern Daylight Time, [EMAIL