Hearing several people talking about the pain getting worse as we get older and further into this is quite disheartening. I will be at year 4 come Sept.

Out of curiosity. For those of you who have had TM for longer than 3 to 5 years are you ALL experiencing increases in pain as the years go by or is it only a few??

Thanks,
Heather in Calgary

To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: "tMIC list" <tmic-list@eskimo.com>
Sent: Sunday, May 06, 2007 6:42 AM
Subject: [TMIC] Re: pain

 Has it steadily gotten worse since you got TM?

Sally,

I started off with mild "pain" and hypersensitivity/ allodynia. My pain slowly built over the first 12 months, then all of a sudden, middle of the night-BAMMM- the pain increased by 10 fold. My original pain was mainly right sided but the new pain was mainly left sided- I phoned my neurologist (Dr. Kerr)and he happened to be "On Call." He quickly diagnosed Brown- Sequard Syndrome, told me to increase my Marinol, get an MRI, and make an appointment to see him in 6 weeks.

My pain now is not crampy as I use cannabinoids daily. I had severe cramping the first year (pre-Kerr, pre- cannabinoids). I have the numb, tingly, stabbing, lancinating, crushing, burning pain. I have minimal temperature control in my left side. I often wear a silk or polarfleece glove on my left hand. Allodynia is my biggest problem. I have to hold hands using my right hand. I find that medication has little effect on the Allodynia.

Yes, I believe the pain is slowly getting worse. I believe the increase is due to the original affliction, much as a small patch of rust will spread slowly but surely.

Take care