It depends on who you talk to when you ask what state are you in, my wife might say something like "oh, he lives in Abbynormal land!"  I live in S. E. Oklahoma, about 90 miles south east of OKC. It was an internal medicine doctor doing a fellowship from Mayo Clinic who diagnosed TM. All in All I think I had about 7 to 10 spinal taps before they were able to figure it out. I think my introduction story in #304 in the members stories. If you haven't ever spent any time there I encourage you to do so. There are some amazing stories there, some real heros! Lately my pain has been mostly in my legs. It never quits. I agree with one of Franks recent post explaining donminoe effect of TM on our health. Mine has certainly gotten worse especially over the last 8 to 10 years.  But keeping busy helps me a lot.

Larry in Oklahoma where it's been a beautiful day!

Larry Throne, MSW

From: natalie mizenko <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Larry Throne <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, tmic-list@eskimo.com
Subject: RE: [TMIC] Pain
Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 10:39:43 -0700 (PDT)

Larry,
It amazes me that dr.'s where able to diagnose your TM 30 years ago.  Can I ask what state your lived in?  What type of dr. back then was knowledgeable enough to diagnosis it?  30 years is a longgg time for TM - wow...  I've been in chronic pain for neck and back pain for 20 years.  I have never gotten use to pain.  I do realize if you get your mind off your pain; it is helpful.  One learns all kinds of tricks and trades just to ease the pain.  Thanks, Natalie

Larry Throne <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

My legs throb, burn and ache 24/7, and it has only gotten worse over the years. I have taken just about everything and none of them really ever eliminate the pain & discomfort. I think I have just gotten used to it. That along with the constant fatigue and back/trunk pain have all stayed mostly the same. It used to leave me very depressed which helped me develop a dependence on narcotics and even alcohol. I stopped drinking or taking any pain killers or benzodiazepines 18 years ago. As I said, I was never able to find anything that worked for me but I have been taking cymbalta and that has helped with the depression. After living with TM for over thirty years I have also begun to experience age related problems. Arthritis in my hands and shoulders as well as loss of muscle strength & control have continued to plague.  But Oh, well! All I've even known to do was keep on going. I go slower than most people and it takes me longer to accomplish many task. But I keep doing as much as I can. I have lost a lot of ability over the last ten years but so have most people my age. It's frustrating to know there are things that I could do but can no longer muster the strength or stamina to master. But I keep on going. Don't give up! At some point, I was able to look behind me and say, hey, I survived!
Larry in Oklahoma where it is absolutely beautiful today!

Larry Throne, MSW