Once again, my Neurologist recently explained to me that the  kind of pain
that we with TM deal with, (neuropathic nerve pain) is different  than other
kinds of pain and extremely difficult to treat.  One of the main  problems with
neuropathic pain is that the pain can be felt at one place on the  body, but
that place, such as the bottom of the feet, may not be where the pain  is
actually originating.

Therefore, we may be feeling pain in the bottoms of our feet,  but the pain
may actually be coming from somewhere else, triggered by...say  "pressure
sores" on our behinds.  So, the doctors aren't sure what to focus  on and in my
case it is impossible for the neurologist to know where the pain is  actually
coming from.

So, I am treated for the pressure sores, and for the things  that can be
seen, either with the eye or by MRI or other tests.  The pain  in the bottom of
my
feet does not get treated because there is nothing there  that shows up by
x-ray, blood tests,  etc.  It is too much to ask that  the doctors treat things
that show no proof of being there.

My doctor treats me for the horrible neuropathic pain that  originates from
the lesion caused by TM, and for the spasms, and for the  "banding" around my
torso (which he cannot see) and  for the pain in my  legs where they were
broken.

I doubt if he can do anything for my feet except to give me  permission to
take an extra pain pill if I need it,but he will only prescribe a  certain
number of pain pills regardless of the extra pain.

For now, we concentrate on the new spasming of my upper body  and
arms...things he can see.  If anyone does get treated for the   pain and pins
and needles
in their feet, please let me know, as I am supremely  interested.''

Thank you all for your friendship, prayers, and ongoing  patience.  Thank you
for sharing your ideas, knowledge, and especially, for  your love.

Peace and Prayers,
Jude