I have thus far avoided the use of the all the nerve-related meds I've read about here through the use of naltrexone. It was the best move I've made. My only two meds are naltrexone and oxybutnin (recent research on this category of drugs and cognitive-loss in old folks gives me pause for reconsideration), It took some work and research to get it and I remain grateful for the woman whose effort and advocacy brought it to my attention. There is website on it, explore the option with your doctor. http://www.lowdosenaltrexone.org/
Akua

Hi all,
I know some of you do not believe in going the steroid route, but when that's what your neurologist recommends and you are "getting worse", what is one suppose to do? Anyway, I will be receiving out-patient solumedrol next week, Mon-Fri. I hate steroids because they not only make my blood sugar out of control, they also make me crazy. I remember 2 years ago when I had this treatment, by day 3 all I did was cry. I was never so glad to get something out of my system as these steroids.