From: Carol [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Saturday, May 03, 2008 12:16 PM
To: tmic-list@eskimo.com
Subject: [TMIC] Steriods AGAIN!

Hi all,
I know some of you do not believe in going the steroid route, but when
that's what your neurologist recommends and you are "getting worse",
what is one suppose to do?  Anyway, I will be receiving out-patient
solumedrol next week, Mon-Fri.  I hate steroids because they not only
make my blood sugar out of control, they also make me crazy.  I remember
2 years ago when I had this treatment, by day 3 all I did was cry.  I
was never so glad to get something out of my system as these steroids.

My local neuro says either I am having a TM flair-up or I have MS and it
just has not shown itself yet.  Last week, I had a MRI of my brain and
thoracic spine, with and without contrast and there was no change from 2
years ago, which is great news, but then WHY is my good leg getting
worse????  It feels like it is shot full of Novocain from the knee down.
When I met with Dr. Kerr 2 years ago, he said I definitely do not have
MS and didn't think I would have any flair ups of TM.  I am in a state
of confusion.  If I have MS like my local neuro thinks, don't you think
it would be evident in my new MRI's?

Wish me luck.
Carol in Culver, IN