Amanda, you couldn't have come to a better group.  We go clear across the chart
in where we are in our post TM onset so you will have a lot of support.  I
don't think anyone really knows where each person will be with their TM.  Some
do improve right away, some improve partially from the onset, others take
longer and then sadly, a few where there aren't many changes from the onset.

I was totally paralyzed from the chest down and after the first week was able
to move my left toe.  After three weeks, I was able to sit up and move my legs
but still could not walk but was determined to get better.  With prayer and PT
I progressed from a wheelchair full time, to a walker and wheelchair, to a
wheelchair with shopping and traveling, and now can walk, drive, and get around
pretty darn well from where I started.  I walk like a drunk and always take a
cane if I'm going anywhere but by gosh, I can do it!!!  I still don't have the
feeling back from the chest down even tho I have sensation here and there.
There are others who have come a whole lot further than I have.  Each case is
different.

Please take care and although I wish this hadn't happened to you, you are
welcome as sunshine to this new family of supporters!

Jeanne in Dayton, WA