I am in Carrollton and part of the "Douglasville TM" group, we had a meeting last Sunday and trying to figure of a date for December. I will send you a seperate email with our addresses

-------------- Original message from [EMAIL PROTECTED]: --------------

Amanda,

I also don't have lesions on my spine but was told I had swelling. You'd think that when the swelling went down. everything would go back to normal, but, though I did gain back a great deal, I didn't have full recovery. In an informal survey several years ago that the TMA did, about a third of the respondents had no lesions.

Don't believe in deadlines!! Many have experienced improvement even years after TM. For me the most improvement came within the first several months, but more did come.

And it does come verrry slowly. I can remember each week thinking not much was happening, but then when I would look back over several weeks or months I could see significant gains.

Are you having physical therapy? That (next to prayer) was the biggest help to me. It is hard to balance pushing yourself yet not overdoing it.

Is Calhoun anywhere near Douglasville? I lived in Douglasville when I first encountered TM, diagnosed By Dr. Richard Bashuk at what was then Cobb Hospital. There is a support group that meets regularly in Douglasville now -- unfortunately I didn't know anyone else there with TM when I was there, but they send notices here when they meet.

Best wishes for as much recover as possible,
Barbara H.