      i have a question, has anyone else been told that they don't have lesions
on their spine? my neuro says mine is just swelling from c6-t3 and t9-t10., so
what does that mean? will the swelling go down? will i be able to recover? i am
a single mother of two and i really want to be able to take care of myself and
my babies. i keep thinking i am not trying hard enough. i am wheelchair bound,
and it seems recovery is happening but very slow. got diagnosed aug. 11th of
this year and was told i would see most of recovery from 3-6 months. i feel
like i am on some deadline and my time to get better will be up soon. i am
scared and i am not sure what to do. any advice?

      thanks
      Amanda in Calhoun, gad

Amanda, dear,  you have legitimate questions that really need to be discussed
with a neurologist.  Do you have one that you can go see and have a heart to
heart talk with?  They usually will be able to give you more time than your
regular provider who is so limited on how long they can spend with patients
anymore.

Your comment on not trying hard enough is being too hard on yourself.  Treat
yourself through all of this just like you would one of your children.  Be
kinder to yourself if you can.  This TM is not something that a whole lot of
people know much about and is a rare occurrence so there aren't a lot of
answers when it comes to recovery time and the extent of how fast or even how
far your recovery will go. Try to keep your spirit up as much as you can, don't
give up and sometimes it will be very hard especially when you have the worries
of your two children.  There are no deadlines with TM.  No two of us with TM
are the same.  I can't tell you not to be scared because not knowing can make
any of us scared, especially when you are going thru something like you are
right now.

Do you have any help for yourself?  For your children?  Family or friends?  Did
they help you before you left the hospital to make sure you had everything you
needed upon your return home?

You have come to a good place by being on this site and you will learn a lot by
reading the notes even if you don't write back.  I sure hope you do because we
would like to know how you are doing and what kind of help you are getting.

Please take care!

Jeanne in Dayton