From: jrushton [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, November 20, 2008 7:32 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; tmic
Subject: Re: [TMIC] Re: tmic-digest Digest V2008 #431

Amanda, you couldn't have come to a better group.  We go clear across
the chart in where we are in our post TM onset so you will have a lot of
support.  I don't think anyone really knows where each person will be
with their TM.  Some do improve right away, some improve partially from
the onset, others take longer and then sadly, a few where there aren't
many changes from the onset.

I was totally paralyzed from the chest down and after the first week was
able to move my left toe.  After three weeks, I was able to sit up and
move my legs but still could not walk but was determined to get better.
With prayer and PT I progressed from a wheelchair full time, to a walker
and wheelchair, to a wheelchair with shopping and traveling, and now can
walk, drive, and get around pretty darn well from where I started.  I
walk like a drunk and always take a cane if I'm going anywhere but by
gosh, I can do it!!!  I still don't have the feeling back from the chest
down even tho I have sensation here and there.  There are others who
have come a whole lot further than I have.  Each case is different.

Please take care and although I wish this hadn't happened to you, you
are welcome as sunshine to this new family of supporters!

Jeanne in Dayton, WA