From: ptpatti200...@aol.com <ptpatti200...@aol.com>
Subject: [TMIC]
To: tmic-list@eskimo.com
Date: Wednesday, March 25, 2009, 9:09 AM

Jeanne
What a story!  You couldn't make that up if you tried and I think it's better
(or worse) than anything I've seen on "House".  Your miracle is that you lived
long enough to get to the right hospital and that they started you on
steroids.  Thanks for sharing the details.

You brought up the subject of maneuverability and I need help dealing with it.

I decided it was time to go to Washington DC - a long-time desire of my hubby
and myself.  I always use a cane and have a wheelchair that I loaned out a year
ago, but could get back. I quit wearing my AFO after two years because my feet
burn and I prefer to wear shoes that I can take off every time I sit down (even
in public.)  I looked pitiful sitting with my brace beside me letting my feet
breathe.  So, I will need to use a walker and/or be pushed in a wheelchair in
Washington and am concerned about my hubby lifting the chair in and out of our
car.  I have looked at 3 wheeled walkers that would be easier to maneuver in
crowds, 4 wheeled walkers of all kinds, a 4 wheeled that turns into a transport
chair ($400), and just a simple transport chair itself   A transport chair is a
wheelchair for being pushed in, with (4) ten-inch wheels instead of the large
wheels on the back for self-maneuvering.  The transport chair ! is about 12
lbs. lighter
 than my wheelchair and would be easier to get into my small car.  The 4
wheeled walker that turns into a wheelchair is $400 on-line.  A transport
wheelchair is $200 at Walmart.  I can buy a 3-wheeled or a 4-wheeled walker for
$50 each on Craigslist.  What would YOU take to Washington DC?  What will I
need?
How will I feel using one for the first time?

I DON'T want to have to use any of them!  I'm ANGRY!

Patti - Michigan

Need a job? Find employment help in your area.