I'm glad you brought that up because I forgot to mention that and it's
really important.  Whenever we go shopping where I'm not sure they have a a
wheelchair available, I take my smaller wheelchair which I can maneuver
around very easily.  It's been my 'pal' sense the beginning BUT it's a
junior size and very hard for Jack to push for any length of time. I can
whiz around in it like a kid.  And it is also the easiest to fold up and
takes less room in the trunk. BUT if we travel where we know Jack will have
to push me we take the larger one that is taller, has larger tires (air
filled), and is much, much easier on him.  If you need a transport chair,
they probably have one as every time we have checked in at the airport, we
have been asked that.  I'm okay as long as I hang onto the seat backs as I
go down the aisle.

We call ahead and let the airline know (if we're traveling like that) and
they will often meet us at the plane and wheel us right to the next stop and
right up to the front of the line so we can be all ready to board early.  We
check it in and at the door of the plane they will put it in baggage and
usually have it waiting for us when we get off the plane.

Now with the walker or cane, you can check the walker in so you can have it
when you get where you want.  The cane can go in the luggage storage above
your seat and if you need it to go to the bathroom, they will get it down
for you.  They are all so good and attentive to your needs, it is amazing.
I never, ever ask for anything more than what I actually need, not even to
check in early!  They just know it takes longer for us sometimes and want to
streamline our checkin.

While I was nursing, I was always more worried about the small wheeled
walkers even tho they are the most popular because of the cost.  The larger
wheeled, I feel, are more stable and I really like the ones where you can
sit if you have to wait very long as long as you can 'feel' your bottom
otherwise you will slip right off because the seat is not very large. I saw
one in Costco for about $110 just Monday but like you said, you can
sometimes find things like these on Craig's List.

I always ask for a handicapped room where 'usually' they have a larger room
and a shower where you can wheel your chair right into it and there are more
safety bars.

You have done some great checking and talk about things I've never heard of!
 Wow!  So much depends on what is easiest for the trip there and home but
mostly so you can enjoy your time there and make wonderful memories without
being uncomfortable.  We've learned a lot the hard way.  Carry anything you
need for your TM onboard and since you will be sitting probably more than
normal and if that makes your pain level go up, you may need a backup on
your normal meds. I hope I helped a bit and didn't miss anything important??
 Just have a better than wonderful time and take pictures for us??  Hugs.
Jeanne