I refuse to even discuss the petty arguments and disagreements
that seem to happens several times a year. To discuss them actually
provides legitimacy to the discussion. Stop being so quick to argue and
remember the purpose of the list. No one needs to take sides....if what
is written does not apply or offers words you do not care for...just
delete it!
        Do you ever think of how a new visitor to the site reacts to
bickering....my guess is it turns them off...and that is a tragedy! If
one member has a problem with what someone else says. why not try to
just contact that person directly and not to the group as a whole.
Remember we are all in this together and inevitably when these things
occur the next thing that happens is we see the word "unsubscribe". When
one is in 24/7 pain and discomfort it is easy to pick a fight or
disagreement...anything at all to avoid what is really the problem. TM

New topic: Exercise

        Exercise....when is enough enough?

        I tend to exercise in spurts....I am either following a regular
routine or giving into my pain and discomfort and doing nothing at all!
I am not very good at knowing when I am overdoing it and therefore make
the same mistakes over and over. After pretty much doing nothing for the
past 6 months I am now back to swimming 3-4 times per week and I have
never felt worse. My legs feel weighed down and I am walking far worse
than normal. The level of discomfort and Pain are also off my charts. So
what do I do....probably stop exercising and see if my legs feel
better....that being said we have had horribly huimid,wet weather in the
New York area the entire month of June...so I am not certain if the over
exercising or the weather is making the TM flare up. Even after 12 years
I have not really learned to listen to my body....part of this is due to
the fact that I am not in discomfort while exercising....but hours later
it is as if my body is just realizing I over did it and I have to pay
the price.
        My main exercise is swimming (and a little treadmill)....for the
first 10 years of TM I had far fewer breaks from the exercise routine
...and then all of a sudden when I hit 60 I kinda gave up and threw in
the towel....I kinda just quit. I felt hopeless and helpless...therefore
I just started back on my routine...and so far the pain far outweighs
the gain.
        I will attempt to introduce "moderation" to my exercise and try
to remember I am closing in on 62 so I would guess non related TM
problems are beginning to surface such as arthritis. I still have a lot
on my plate...I drive 80 miles a day to work and sometimes I am just so
exhausted that the thought of a workout is something I cannot handle.
That being said I do find that when I let myself get out of shape and
gain addl. Weight I always feel worse...and I can assure you that this
is not a vanity issue.
        I would appreciate hearing from the group as to what exercises
works for them...how do you know when you are over doing it? I am seeing
Dr. Kerr on Weds and will pose the question to him...I have a feeling he
will stress moderation and developing a routine that will keep my
muscles from atrophying while a t the same time not exhausting me to the
point of pain.

        OK...enough for now...let's get back on topic!

Rob in New Jersey