One of my dreams, Jeron, is to learn how to scuba dive!!  The water is
amazing with TM, isn't it?  Jeanne in Dayton, WA

-------Original Message-------

From: j ra
Date: 5/21/2010 4:24:09 PM
To: Transverse Myelytis
Subject: RE: [TMIC] alive

Hey everybody,
When I started this post, I sure as hell wasn't expecting the can of worms
that I opened up! I got what you all said about me being selfish and trying
to go it alone....pushing my wife away and all that. When I came to the
Caribbean it was for two reasons. 1. I needed to learn to deal with this
thing of ours called TM, but away from everyone who knows me. I did this
because I wanted to see myself in the mirror again and not the person that
everyone feels sorry for because I have TM. So I moved here for a litttle
while just to get some "me" time. I am not pushing my loved ones away, like
most of you thought. Truth be told, my wife fully understands why I wanted
to be alone. 2. I am trying to relive my past. I am trying to push myself to
do the things I loved to do even though I have TM. I know there is no way
anyone of my loved ones are approving of this and are all worried about me
going off into the deep blue sea or jumping out of a plane like I used to,
so it's better if I do it when they can't see me do it and all be worried.
So today was my first dive in years and for the first time since I had TM, I
forgot all about it. My legs didn't hurt, my back was like brand new and it
was amazing. Of course I got a little help from a 6 knot current to do most
of the work under water for me (it's called a drift dive), but it was
amazing. I did it! Adrenaline pumped through me for 32 amazing minutes and I
felt alive again. I'm in all craploads of pain right now, but it was so
worth it.
Next stop, zip-lining in St. Lucia and Sky diving in Martinique. I know I'm
in for some serious pain, but I think I'm slowly remembering the good days.
My goal is to remember those days and replace the bad days. I called my wife
and told her I loved her and she said she was proud of me for taking the
step to regaining some control of my life.
So, now.....It feels great to be in pain....this time it was worth it.
Thanks everyone for all the emails and all the support. I love you guys very
much....you are my family!
Jeron

Hotmail: Trusted email with Microsoft’s powerful SPAM protection. Sign up
now.

<<01_tile.jpg>>

<<01_side.gif>>