There is no reason why we can't use Facebook to connect with new names, obtain
e-addies and carry on separately;  I do it all the time.

BobbyJim, on the TMIC since Sept 97
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Gary Thomas
  To: pjv1...@chartermi.net ; tmic
  Sent: Saturday, October 01, 2011 10:10 PM
  Subject: Re: [TMIC] I haven't been here for a long time

  Hi,
  Patti--I hope you do stay on TMIC for a a long time!  You are one of the
earliest ones I remember when I first got on (I remember since you are also in
Michigan) along with Jude and others.

  I look on Facebook once in a while but am not on it much and did not even
include my picture in my "profile" section (probably to the relief of Facebook
"friends").  It seems like it can take up a lot of time yet I understand how it
can help people "connect" but I do prefer this method of TM'ers communicating
with each other.

  I haven't written much about my TM but the fatigue is the most annoying.  I
have been under stress with my mom in a nursing home with Alzheimer's and my
dad having had a stroke last fall and living alone )but fortunately nearby).
My two siblings live out of town so I keep track of both parents although my
brother and sister do real well in coming as often as they can and giving me a
break now and again.  Applying for Medicaid  a year ago and still not getting
everything finalized yet has been almost a nightmare.  This past week some news
(or lack of it) regarding our Medicaid application set my "banding" off and I
felt like I was being squeezed to death until I talked with our Elder Law
attorney and it started ease off a bit.  Does anyone else experience this
increased "banding" or squeezed feeling in times of stress?

  I have appreciated over the years, on the list, the bits of advice given and
the sharing of symptom experiences.   Once in a while I have a slipper come off
my foot and I don't know it until I see the slipper or my bare foot because I
really don't feel anything much different whether the slippers are off or on.
When this happens I remember the story I probably read on this list:  a lady
with TM  was walking up church steps and didn't realize her shoes had come off
until she heard people behind her laughing (may not be the exact story, but
close, as I remember it).

  Anyway, I hope this list continues.  Even with Facebook as an alternative.