From: Gary Thomas <gbthomas8...@sbcglobal.net>
To: pjv1...@chartermi.net; tmic <tmic-list@eskimo.com>
Sent: Saturday, October 1, 2011 11:10 PM
Subject: Re: [TMIC] I haven't been here for a long time

Hi,
Patti--I hope you do stay on TMIC for a a long time!
You are one of the earliest ones I remember when I first got on (I remember
since you are also in Michigan) along with Jude and others.

I look on Facebook once in a while but am not on it much
and did not even include my picture in my "profile" section (probably to the
relief of Facebook "friends").  It seems like it can take up a lot of time
yet I understand how it can help people "connect" but I do prefer this method
of
TM'ers communicating with each other.

I haven't written much about my TM but the fatigue is the
most annoying.  I have been under stress with my mom in a nursing home with
Alzheimer's and my dad having had a stroke last fall and living alone )but
fortunately nearby).  My two siblings live out of town so I keep track
of both parents although my brother and sister do real well in coming as often
as they can and giving me a break now and again.  Applying for
Medicaid  a year ago and still not getting everything finalized yet has
been almost a nightmare.  This past week some news (or lack of it)
regarding our Medicaid application set my "banding" off and I felt like I was
being squeezed to death until I talked with our Elder Law attorney and it
started ease off a bit.  Does anyone else experience this increased
"banding" or squeezed feeling in times of stress?

I have appreciated over the years, on the list, the bits
of advice given and the sharing of symptom experiences.   Once in a
while I have a slipper come off my foot and I don't know it until I see the
slipper or my bare foot because I really don't feel anything much different
whether the slippers are off or on.  When this happens I remember
the story I probably read on this list:  a lady with TM  was walking
up church steps and didn't realize her shoes had come off until she heard
people
behind her laughing (may not be the exact story, but close, as I remember
it).

Anyway, I hope this list continues.  Even with
Facebook as an alternative.