Henri Gomez wrote:

> To follow a Packaged approach, ie using rpm/deb, tc5/tc4.1 should
> have its own jars and dependencies on externals jar (logging, mx4j.).
>
> With this way it's easy to maintain a tomcat version with up to date
> externals jars (assuming they are backward compatible).

Yes - but we'll have to take it with their projects ( jakarta-commons
mostly, also struts, etc ). For mx4j it's a bit more complicated - IMHO
all external .jars should be in an apache-wide repository and approved
by somone who can check all details.

I don't think it's a good idea for every project to distribute jars for
all other projects. We'll still have to publish a list with the
dep. version numbers of the "stable" release.