Martin Cooper wrote:
I posted a patch to the Tomcat-Dev list yesterday which should fix this
problem. Apparently, nobody on the Tomcat-Dev list paid any attention to
my post. The methods in question have been deprecated for some time.

I have not seen the patch email on tomcat-dev. Perhaps its in the moderator queue. BTW, use of FileUpload was implemented in Tomcat once there was a Beta release of FileUpload. So the API must have changed since the Beta release.

I have gone out of my way to help FileUpload clients avoid exactly this
kind of issue. It really ticks me off to see this kind of message, when I
have gone to great lengths to make sure that the clients I know about are
made aware of the changes before they happen.

Thats great that you performed notifications to known clients. :-) Somehow Tomcat slipped through the cracks. :-( I don't recall seeing anything about this on the Tomcat list. I wlll admit that I subscribe to commons-dev but often don't keep up with messages related to the code bases there I am interested in.

Get your own act together, Tomcat developers, before you start pointing
the finger at those of us who really try hard to maintain compatibility
across Jakarta projects.

Was this really necessary? The email below went to both the commons-dev and tomcat -dev lists. If Remy was pointing the finger at anyone, it was at his fellow Tomcat Developers. Thats how I interpreted it.

We (tomcat devs) will fix use of FileUpload in Tomcat and move on, no big deal.

Regards,

Glenn

--
Martin Cooper