Mladen Turk wrote:

-----Original Message-----
From: Remy Maucherat

For example majors Linux distributions are now using Apache

2 instead

of Apache 1.3. So Apache 2.x will be more and more used.

When not running inside Apache, there are tons of things when cannot use, including configuration. So the best is indeed to keep JK around for supporting other servers. One of the big problems is that it would be best to keep developing either jk 1.2.x or jk 2.0.x, but not both ;)

Well I'd like to see jk 1.2.x continuing its slow maintenance cycle since it's the most used module for now.

And start from scratch the new mod_coyote.

Ok, but let's try to make the code 'reusable', protocol and basic config
tree should be in a separate files, so that we can aventually make something
simmilar for other web servers if there will be enough interest, or make a
generic 'apr/apr-util' like library, so everything that uses 'ap_xxx' calls
should go in mod_coyote.

Well if we want mod_coyote included in Apache 2.x tree, we shouldn't have too much files. Also I'd like to avoid too many wrapper calls
functions.