Some updates ...

Remy Maucherat wrote:

* Default global and per-host configurations:
- conf/<engine>/<host>/context.xml.default
- conf/<engine>/<host>/web.xml.default
- conf/context.xml
- conf/web.xml
This will lead to the removal of the DefaultContext interface, since this will fully replace the functionality (while being very simple to implement and actually complete functionality wise; I have no idea why I never thought of doing it this way, since the default web.xml is implemented like that). For the admin webapp support for DefaultContext, we would simply need to register a Context instance in JMX with the usual DefaultContext MBean name, and tweak a little.

So I'll now proceed with removing DefaultContext and creating the new MBeans.

* HTML host manager servlet (allows easily creating host and preconfiguring them - ex: with the manager webapp installed, and a default context file). I think this would be useful (?).

My next "big" item :)

* The other features I mentioned earlier: startup time optimization, removal of stuff which isn't used (such as container listeners).

In other features, I added package renaming for DBCP. It is less useful with Ant IMO. I'll experiment a little, although untangling the javac task seems rather hard ;)

Rémy