Bill Barker wrote:

I'll volunteer for the admin webapp stuff. I enjoy deleting stuff from
there ;-).

It's at the end of my list right now, so I wont't get there for a while.

I committed a few things:
- The new deployer is getting there. Missing is the support for the
manager webapp, but this won't be too hard to write.

Still a few adjustments needed (the two fixmes which are in the file).

- Update manager webapp, and add support for it in HostConfig (incl JMX
registration).

The new manager is considerably simpler, but I need to test more of its features.
BTW, on Windows, the minimum to be able to use it is to set "antiJARLocking" (otherwise, stuff like Xerces are really good at JAR locking). "antiResourceLocking" is likely more reliable, of course.

- Remove Deployer and DefaultContext. The new stuff looks like a better
replacement.

I did that but didn't commit yet. The management side for the default context would need to be redone (it's not very difficult, I think).
The clustering will need updates, but I don't think it's very difficult either.

- HTML host manager servlet (allows easily creating host and
preconfiguring them - ex: with the manager webapp installed, and a
default context file).
- Try to optimize startup time, if possible.

I'll do one of these next.

- As mentioned in my commit message, I don't think the dynamic updates
to the naming environment are useful. The code which does that is
relatively complex (although it's not as bad as before with the
ResourceParams). My opinion is that if something is not useful, then it
should go ;) Any comments on that fancy feature ?

I forgot about the global resources, so I think the dynamic updates are sort of useful. At least it's a lot simpler now that the ResourceParams is gone.

- I'll have a lot of work updating the docs now :-P (I guess the fun is
nearly over :( )
- The admin webapp will need some tweaks after removing the DefaultContext.

So I'll commit the removal of Deployer and DefaultContext next. Is that ok ?

Rémy