: [snip: discussion re: ways to restart Tomcat, preferably
:  through Tomcat itself]

Option #4: a listener that exists outside the Tomcat process, which
calls the container start/stop scripts on command.

I'm whipping up a prototype now: it's a basic socket listener that
stores the path to the Tomcat script and calls it when a certain command
is sent to the port.

I'll have a link tomorrow...

: NB As a relative novice to Tomcat it astonishs me that the Tomcat Manager does not
provide the functionnality to reboot the server at runtime (taking in account that it
services become unavailable during reboot time).

It's *possible*, certainly.  The source code's available for anyone to
work it out and submit patches back to the Apache group.

-QM

--

software  -- http://www.brandxdev.net
tech news -- http://www.RoarNetworX.com