From: Warron French [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Tuesday, February 08, 2005 3:42 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: Trouble getting CGI script to execute

I use apache to enable cgi scripts, and I had the same problem as you.

So, since I don't know Tomcat so well, I can offer you this.

Check in your config file to make sure that you have the line(s):

AddType application/x-httpd-cgi .cgi .sh .pl
AddHandler cgi-script .cgi .sh .pl   (I am not actually using this line but
maybe you need to)

Also, in my httpd.conf file I am using some directives and options such as:

        <Directory "/home/nrccwdt/public_html/">
                Options +Includes +ExecCGI
                XbitHack On
        </Directory>

I am sure you know how the Directory directive works, but make sure that you
do have the Options +ExecCGI, and XbitHack On lines also.

Good luck,
Warron French
Sr. Network Engineer
Xtria, LLC