rrweather wrote:
> The main difference between the touch and the Duet are the touch has
> upsampling, the display is all part of the receiver, and the remote is
> ir as opposed to wifi?

No, the Touch has a screen and its touch sensitive.

The Duet is really a Controller and a Receiver.

The Receiver has no UI, no display, no buttons. It has one LED that glows.

The Controller is a computer that fits in your hand. It has a display
and some buttons and a wheel.

Since you have MP3 files, discussions of upsampling and all that is
kinda silly.

> I thought I read somewhere (maybe on these forums) that the touch is
> using faster processors and more memory than in the receiver that comes
> with the duet. Is there any truth to this that anyone knows of?

The Touch is really a computer. Not a super powerful one, but a computer
with memory, an OS, display, place to plug in a USB keyboard.

Actually, the Controller is a computer, just less capable. Its got more
memory than the first three or four computers that I bought.

> If it is true, I guess the question becomes is it better to get the
> latest and greatest receiver as opposed to what comes with the duet. The
> obvious sacrifice would be in the controllers.

Really, you need to be careful about using product names as generic
things. the Receiver is a product. It is sold either separately, or
bundled with a Controller and called a "Duet"

I've not heard of any "latest" versions of either the Duet or the Receiver.

The Touch is in Beta, so there is not technically a "latest" yet, since
there is no "there" yet.

--
Pat Farrell
http://www.pfarrell.com/