pippin wrote:
> Which doesn't help if you want to stream to an old player...

And why is that a problem? If you have an old player, you are running
SqueezeCenter or SqueezeBoxServer on something. Use that server.

I have never paid a penny for my SlimDevices server over the many years
I've been using this stuff, going back to pre-"G" SB1. I have just used
an obsolete left over computer.

I'm just not grokking all the whining in this thread. Its a dinky
embedded computer. That is can do any functions of an SBS is cool. That
it can't do them all is expected.

At this rate, we are going to have to resurrect Ron Popiel to do
advertising for the Touch: It plays, it servers, it chops, it dices.

--
Pat Farrell
http://www.pfarrell.com/