sawdin;529670 Wrote:
> For those 'techie tinkerers' who could have built a server but did not,
> why did you choose to forgo doing so and purchase a SB product?
I indeed had built such a server, and got it running in my living room
for three years.
I bought my first SB because I wanted to be able to listen to all my
music in my bedroom, with zero noise.
Bought the second one because the server died.
The others came because I wanted to be able to listen to music in my
whole house. ;)

sawdin;529670 Wrote:
> In addition, what do SB users consider to be the Pros/Cons of going the
> SB route?  Likewise, what do you consider to be the Pros/Cons of
> building your own server?
Pros : absolute silence.
Cons : tiedous playlist management.

--
sebp

Transporter, SB Classic, SB Receiver, SB Boom, SB Radio, SB Touch, 2 SB
Controllers
Will soon need a bigger home - 'Last.fm' (http://www.last.fm/user/sebp)