sawdin;530218 Wrote:
> I probably was unclear as to what my preference would be. Ultimately,
> I'd like to have a mobile device (e.g., a remote) that is easy to
> control (thus easy to see and manipulate), which I can use from any
> location (e.g., a chair in the living room, in the kitchen, etc.)
> Thus, the location of the server (whatever shape or form it takes),
> becomes somewhat irrelevant. When creating or managing playlists or
> making changes to my music library, I imagine that it would be easiest
> to do that using my primary pc as I can use a full-size keyboard and
> monitor.
>

> Isn't there more than one version of the SB server software (a
> 'regular' version that cannot be run on the Touch and one called 'Tiny'
> that can be run on a Touch, but which has less features)?
>

> The Vortebox appliance sounds like a nice solution.  Would I just add
> the Vortebox appliance to my router-based home wireless network and
> control/access it via: 1) any pc that is also connected to the network;
> 2) a SB Touch (either the unit itself or the remote; 3) an I-Phone or
> Droid running an app?  Finally, what server software do you recommend
> if going the route of V-appliance + Touch?
>
> Thanks for the suggestions,
> Dino

yes thats exactly it, you just plug it into your router and then
whichever zones you have will get the music from the VB. I have a boom,
radio and duet currently and will probably get the touch when it comes
out - i use the Duet controller and my iphone running iPeng (£5) for
controllers, my girlfriend also has the iphone app which helps and then
the web page from time to time if on laptop

In terms of server software, not sure what you mean but the VB
appliance comes pre-installed with squeezebox server, the full blown
version

--
socistep