Though others have said this in a bit of a beat-around-the-bush way, one
big attraction for me is the Squeezebox system makes it very easy to run
multiple stereo systems off of one music source. Add a player to the
network and that's that.

I also find the sound is excellent and easily upgradeable if one wants
to improve on the stock units I've had to date.

I know playlist creation isn't quite as easy on the Squeezeboxserver as
some other programs, but I can count the number of playlists I've
created over the past 7 or 8 years of using a computer for music
playback on one hand.

When I sit down for serious listening I've only decided what I want to
listen to at that moment. Yesterday's, last week's or last month's
music choices aren't very relevant to me. I realize some people put
together extensive playlists for parties and the like, but that's not
particularly useful to me. So it is meaningless to me that some other
programs make playlist creation easier.

It'd be interesting to do a survey to map out users on a scale that
runs from serious playlist creators to casual users to those like me
who rarely use them.

--
mlsstl