mlsstl;533095 Wrote:
> I plugged my USB drive into the Touch ... The drive has just shy of
> 48,000 songs.

Have you encountered the '100 songs per playlist limit'
(http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/Squeezebox_Touch_as_a_Home_Music_Server#No_Configurable_Settings)
when playing from USB drive? With that ridiculous limit, it seems you
would need 480 playlists to cover all of your music.

mlsstl;533095 Wrote:
> It is playing most of my music just fine, but I'm get an "unable to play
> file type" error message when it tries to play a M4A (iTunes) song.
>
> In looking at the Wiki page for the Touch, the chart indicates these
> files should play. What do I need to do?

I'm guessing you never upgraded your iTunes music to be DRM-free. When
did you buy your iTunes songs? You do realize that all older iTunes
songs are DRM-protected, right? That means nothing but iTunes and iPods
can play it. If you have DRM-protected iTunes music, you can upgrade to
non-DRM music for 30¢ per song. That 30¢ per song is actually a good
deal, because not only will your music be DRM-free, but it will also be
of higher audio quality. Old iTunes songs are 128-kbps AAC, while
non-DRM iTunes songs are 256-kbps AAC.

--
hawaiijim