Curious. I removed the thumb drive from the USB port and changed an
HDTracks album (World's Greatest Audiophile Vocal...) from -0 to -8.
This is the one that stuttered before. It all played fine on the wired
Touch, no stuttering.

After reinstalling the thumb drive with the jpegs, and halting the
installation of the inbuilt server, I tried again. The -8 flacs played
without problem.

It looks as if either something was consuming memory when I first
played these tracks, and that caused a problem, or the problem was
something specific to the HDTracks files that is permanently cured by
re-encoding the flac.

Peter

--
Peter314